- Permanent role
- In House
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
Kellogg's: Brands Lawyer
c8 years PQE
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we are driven to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter. With sales of approximately $14.5 billion, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies and crackers; a leading producer of savoury snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Every day, our well-loved brands nourish families so they can flourish and thrive.
Working as a lawyer in Kellogg's global Legal & Compliance Department is to lead, challenge and protect the business.
In this role you will be the Regional Specialist, delivering leadership and counsel on food law and regulation, as well as legal advice to the European business in the areas of privacy, advertising and promotion of food products and intellectual property.
This is a wide ranging role that will see you come in to contact with a variety of Kellogg personnel including those in Category Leadership Teams, Nutrition, Food development, Corporate Communications & Consumer Affairs, Brand and Innovation Marketing, Digital Marketing Information Technology Team, Government Relations and Global Legal & Compliance team.
A flavour of the role is as follows:
- Review advertising, promotional materials and other communications to ensure compliance with applicable law/guidelines.
- Work with Nutrition, Regulatory and Food Development Teams to drive compliance with applicable law as to ingredients, labelling, nutrient content claims, health claims.
- Day-to-day advice on Privacy, Data Protection, EFSA policies, regulatory requirements, and food labelling issues.
- Contribute to the Company's expertise in food labelling and nutrition, including miss-branding / labelling, food additives, ingredient permissibility, health claims.
- Monitor, track and advise businesses on new legislation, regulation or key issues arising out of relevant government agencies, including working with intellectual property colleagues in the US to co-ordinate clearance, prosecution, and enforcement.
- Lead Kellogg Europe's Brands team, including the lawyer based in Manchester, and manage brands-related outside counsel as well as the team's budget.
At Kellogg Company, we recruit the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate experience in all or most of the following areas:
- Legal knowledge in the areas of privacy, data protection, food law, marketing / advertising, intellectual property and e-commerce law.
- Business Partnering - ability to partner with business teams by using sound legal judgment to develop creative and practical business solutions.
- Communications - communicate clearly and succinctly with all levels in the business.
- Improving Legal Processes - proactively review and improve legal processes to drive compliance.
If you feel that you have the energy and expertise for a role of this nature, Mark Levine at BCL Legal looks forward to hearing from you! In return Kellogg can offer you a truly global role in a constantly evolving and challenging business, as well as a first class remuneration package.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us. If this job isn't quite right [but you would like details of other jobs], please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page. BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.