- Permanent role
- In House
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
Head of Legal at this acquisitive retail company is looking for a lawyer to come and work along side him, in what is likely to be a busy, varied and interesting role. Working as a lawyer in a retail business always makes for an ever changing work load and this is certainly the case in this role. Given the Northern based legal team is small, the work load is 'large' and as you will be involved with both legal and company secretarial matters this is a really great career opportunity.
Working with the Head of Legal and Company Secretary you will get involved in a wide and varied work load. Key responsibilities are likely to include:
- Providing legal advice on a range of retail and customer issues that affect our business as well as assisting on a variety of projects.
- Responsibility for drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts for goods and services, including distribution, agency, consultancy, franchising, supply, purchase, manufacturing, export, procurement and IT agreements and IP agreements including licences and assignments.
- Assisting the business in interpreting and complying with commercial legal agreements and legal requirements.
- Providing advice and assistance to the business in areas such as data protection, product liability, competition law, marketing, advertising and promotions, e-commerce, intellectual property, employment and ad hoc consumer and business queries.
- Effectively manage the resolution of contract terminations and commercial disputes.
- Assisting the business in enforcing its intellectual property rights.
- Maintaining business awareness of legal requirements and developments, providing regular business updates and internal training in the key areas of consumer law, competition, data protection and other areas where appropriate.
- Providing the Head of Legal with regular weekly updates on key business issues and projects.
- Assisting in strengthening the legal practice across the business and improve the way the business operates.
To succeed you will be a bright and engaging individual with solid training experience. Key is an enthusiasm to learn new things and a desire to work in-house is essential as is a friendly and "can do" attitude. This is an outstanding opportunity for a junior lawyer to widen their skill set in an extremely successful and supportive environment.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.