- Permanent role
- In House
- Greater London
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
A high-tech Cyber-security software company is seeking a full-time in-house EMEA Senior Legal Counsel for their London office. This person will act as a primary counsel for their EMEA business and will lead certain global legal areas of responsibilities. This person will be instrumental in managing transactions with leading global enterprises, alliance partners and service providers, working with senior management, sales executives and all other departments of the organisation. This position will report to the General Counsel and will require some international travel.
- The EMEA Senior Legal Counsel will lead commercial legal activities in EMEA, ensuring excellent and timely service to internal and external customers
- Manage and negotiate customer and partners agreements for software licensing, services and cloud-based solution provisioning
- Manage cross-company legal responsibilities for various global groups and departments
- Support the General Counsel in public company corporate matters and its compliance program
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified UK commercial lawyer
- Extensive experience in practicing commercial law in a global high-tech company, preferably software/cybersecurity
- Proven experience in commercial IT transactions, including cloud based solutions, and corresponding compliance and regulatory aspects (privacy, anti-corruption, trade control) with international teams
- Strong understanding of European cybersecurity, privacy and data laws, rules and regulations. Experience in employment law an advantage
- Top performer with high integrity and a proven ability to function independently while exercising good judgment on when to seek guidance/collaborate with GC on risk tolerance
- Bright, creative and pragmatic, with excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy and a proven ability to quickly ramp, learn new areas of law, and independently function in a demanding, rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated, energetic individual who thrives in a collaborative and multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver outstanding, thoughtful, user-experience focused results in a fast-paced environment
- French and/or German language proficiencies an advantage
If you're interested in this EMEA Senior Legal Counsel role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.