- Permanent role
- In House
- Greater London
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
A leading provider of risk and asset management software and services to the insurance industry is looking for a Mandarin or German speaking Commercial/Corporate M&A Lawyer to join the business. European or Antipodean lawyers that speak Mandarin or German and possess the below experience are also encouraged to apply. The role can be based in London or Reading.
The Commercial/Corporate M&A Lawyer role will report to the EMEA GC in providing creative and practical counsel on a wide range of legal, corporate compliance, M&A, management and business matters involving the group of companies.
The business is a fast-paced, roll-up-your-sleeves company where juggling multiple projects and pushing business objectives forward while simultaneously protecting the company from risk is the norm. This is a highly acquisitive business.
More specifically experience in the following areas is required:
- To manage EMEA legal operations for the group of companies, working closely with country managers as well as finance, sales, human resources and other personnel.
- To ensure the quality and timeliness of legal advice to internal business clients and senior management on a broad range of legal, business and management matters.
- To manage corporate and securities transactions, including: M&A; joint ventures; strategic investing: and private/public debt and equity financing (both domestic and cross-border).
- To manage corporate and securities law matters, including: corporate governance and SOX compliance; public company disclosure issues; and drafting and administering employee long-term incentive plans.
- To manage other EMEA legal department staff.
- To negotiate and draft customer and vendor agreements and other commercial agreements, including: inbound and outbound data and software licenses; master license agreement; and master service agreements.
- Fluent speaking, reading and writing in either Mandarin or German
- Qualified lawyer (UK or European)
- Proven background in corporate law M&A; joint ventures; strategic investing: and private/public debt and equity financing (both domestic and cross-border)
- Experience in advising listed companies. Experience with NYSE-listed companies and/or companies in insurance industry, financial services industry or a comparable industry a plus.
If you're interested in this Commercial/Corporate M&A Lawyer role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.