- Permanent role
- In House
- Greater London
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
An industry leader in personalised digital advertising services is seeking a Data Protection / Privacy Manager - EMEA & APAC due to growth in the business and changes in legislation. They are looking for a highly motivated, well organised, team player to join their growing legal and data protection team in Europe. The position will focus on data protection and data protection legislation, primarily in EMEA. Reporting to the Chief Privacy Officer based in the US, you should have a strong background in data protection. This is a great opportunity to work on novel public policy issues in a dynamic and demanding but exciting environment. This role is based in south-west London.
Responsibilities of the Data Protection / Privacy Manager - EMEA & APAC
- Act as direct support to the Chief Privacy Officer, in working closely with a cross-functional global team on data protection and public policy issues across EMEA.
- Analyse legislative and regulatory proposals concerning data protection, data security and other related technology issues.
- Advise on the data protection implications of new products and features in the EMEA region, especially in light of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Be the subject matter expert on all data protection areas including, subject access requests, data retention and disposal, etc.
- Assist business owners with their responsibilities for complying with all relevant data protection laws, regulations and policy; this will include key third parties.
- Monitor adherence to all data protection policies. Undertake regular reviews to ensure that data is protected, controls are in place and working and review privacy notices to ensure they remain up to date.
- Advise and provide updates on matters concerning data protection.
- Manage data breach notification and the resolution and remedial action of all data protection incidents.
- Proven successful track record of leading data protection issues.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to make sound judgments under tight deadlines.
- Strong interest in marketing and advertising.
- Strong and current knowledge of data protection legislation and policy issues.
- Demonstrated ability to find pragmatic and creative solution to business issues and provide concise and business-focused advice.
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to work on a wide variety of legal and policy questions.
- Excellent academic credentials, Law Degree preferred
- Experience in operational privacy, senior management position preferred.
- Privacy certification (e.g. CIPP or CIPM or similar) a plus.
If you're interested in this Data Protection / Privacy Manager - EMEA & APAC role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.