- Permanent role
- In House
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
In-house Commercial Solicitor
Cheadle, Cheshire cNQ-3 years' PQE
Pets at Home Group Plc has taken the UK pet industry by storm. Established in 1991 it has grown to over 440 stores with a turnover exceeding £777m. It has won numerous awards for its entrepreneurial achievements and is recognised as one of the Best Big Companies to work for by the Sunday Times. The company takes great pride in what it does and passionately believes work should be fun. Perhaps this is why it is the UK's number one pet retailer and continues to expand.
Working as part of an 11 strong legal team your focus will be on the main Pets at Home retail business. The key role responsibilities are as follows:
What can you expect to get involved with?
- Providing legal advice on a range of retail and consumer issues that affect our business as well as assisting on a variety of projects.
- Responsibility for drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts for goods and services, including distribution, agency, consultancy, franchising, supply, purchase, manufacturing, export, procurement and IT agreements and IP agreements including licences and assignments.
- Assisting the business in interpreting and complying with commercial legal agreements and legal requirements.
- Providing advice and assistance to the business in areas such as data protection, product liability, competition law, marketing, advertising and promotions, e-commerce, intellectual property, employment and ad hoc consumer and business queries.
- Effectively manage the resolution of contract terminations and commercial disputes.
- Assisting the business in enforcing its intellectual property rights.
- Maintaining business awareness of legal requirements and developments, providing regular business updates and internal training in the key areas of consumer law, competition, data protection, IP and other areas where appropriate.
- Providing the Head of Legal with regular weekly updates on key business issues and projects.
- Assisting in strengthening the legal practice across the business and improve the way the business operates.
To succeed you will be a bright and engaging individual with solid training experience. If qualified already ideally you will have commercial or corporate experience and ideally some IP experience but this is not essential. Key is an enthusiasm to learn new things and a desire to work in-house is essential as is a friendly and "can do" attitude. This is an outstanding opportunity for a junior lawyer to widen their skill set in an extremely successful and supportive environment.
To apply or for further information please contact our exclusively retained consultant Mark Levine at BCL Legal. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to BCL Legal for consideration.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.