- Permanent role
- In House
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
A global software company is looking for a Data Privacy and Compliance Lawyer to support and enhance the privacy, anti-corruption, and trade law compliance programme within Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
This person will serve primarily as the regional privacy and data protection subject matter expert and will provide oversight of privacy and data protection compliance for EMEA operations. This person will also work to assist the Ethics and Compliance headquarters team and local counsel in ensuring anti-corruption law compliance risks are addressed in the EMEA region in line with global strategy and anti-corruption programmes.
This is a new Data Privacy and Compliance Lawyer position so it is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a strong interest in: data privacy, data privacy investigations for a multi-national and international regulations/dealing with regulatory authorities.
- Develop, execute and maintain regional privacy and data protection compliance policies and processes, including internal processes to assess and address privacy and security-related implications of new initiatives and offerings, all in coordination with global privacy strategies and applicable international, national, and local privacy laws and requirements.
- Draft, maintain and manage the execution and submission of documentation to ensure compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- Assist government affairs personnel with the review of proposed privacy and data protection legislation and regulations impacting the organisation's global operations.
- Provide guidance and training through the EMEA organisation on privacy and data protection matters.
- Coordinate with the Chief Privacy Officer, Chief Privacy Strategist, and local legal counsel on investigation of and response to privacy inquiries from local data protection authorities.
- 5 years' PQE
- Understanding of data privacy and protection laws and regulations, including in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the EU ePrivacy Regulation
- Native or nearly native speaking and writing proficiency in English
- 2nd language of French or German
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) Certification
- Prior experience managing privacy and information security-related compliance initiatives
- Working knowledge of local and international anti-corruption law compliance and regulatory requirements and compliance best practices
- Previous experience in legal and regulatory compliance and corporate investigations
- Education or experience in the field of cryptography - nice to have
- Experience with software development and distribution processes
- Experience in the software, cloud computing and information technology services sectors
Location and Travel:
This position will be based in Brussels, Belgium with a requirement to travel occasionally throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
If you're interested in this Data Privacy and Compliance Lawyer role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.