- Permanent role
- In House
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
James Fisher & Sons Plc
Legal Counsel - Commercial Lawyer c2-5pqe
North West - Cumbria
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Lawyer to join the team based in Cumbria - Barrow-In-Furness and to help meet the growing demands of the business. You will be part of the Group Legal team, providing legal support to James Fisher and Sons Plc and its trading companies on a national and international level. We require a commercial, assertive and diplomatic lawyer who has strong communication and stakeholder management skills, who can deal across a diverse client group.
Applications from commercial contracts solicitors are anticipated however we would also welcome interest from lawyers specialising in other commercial disciplines who are looking to move into a general commercial and in-house position. This could include IP/IT, commercial litigation, corporate, projects, shipping, banking lawyers etc.
There will be a wide range of commercial legal work including the following tasks related to James Fisher Group operations worldwide in marine services, energy, and oil and gas markets often with high values and in an international context:
- Provision of legal services and advice to all internal stakeholders
- Reviewing, advising, drafting and negotiating contracts terms including identifying key legal and commercial risks
- Preparing commercial agreements including bespoke contracts, agency, license and distribution agreements, cooperation and development agreements, joint ventures, shareholders and consortium agreements, confidentiality agreements, framework and teaming agreements etc.
- Advising on legal, commercial, governance and compliance issues
- Assistance with setting the Group compliance agenda
- Assistance with acquisitions, disposals and other corporate matters
- Managing litigations, disputes and claims
- Managing employment disputes, compromise agreements and tribunal claims
- Instructing and liaising with external advisors
- Support for tender submissions and business development
- Maintain, utilize and update standard legal documents including conditions of supply, conditions of purchase, confidentiality agreements etc
- Solicitor or qualified legal professional
- Must have a sound knowledge of contract and commercial law
- Excellent communication skills both orally and the written word
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and capable to use their initiative where required
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work as part of a dynamic team, assisting other team members where necessary
- You will be adept at dealing directly with directors, senior managers, customers and suppliers.
- Previous experience of contract law in an in-house environment preferred although not essential
- Some offshore, oil and gas, energy, or engineering background is preferred but is not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, forward thinking and tenacious individual who is looking to join a diverse and growing organisation as a dedicated In-house Commercial Lawyer.
This assignment is being handled exclusively by BCL Legal. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to BCL Legal.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.