- Permanent role
- In House
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
A consumer electronics business, based in Chertsey, Surrey is looking for a Compliance Manager. This role is to manage legal compliance risks in the company - this includes all divisions such as: UK Sales and Marketing, European Regional HQ, R&D Centre, and Quality Assurance Lab.
Management, development and implementation of policies, processes and training to ensure the company meets all necessary legal and regulatory requirements, and the requirements of Global policies and processes.
- Be a principal point of contact for the Global Compliance Team relating to regulatory and compliance matters affecting the company.
- Although this Compliance Manager role reports into the UK Legal and Compliance Team, it will require proactive engagement with the EO Legal and Compliance Team to discuss their divisions and to establish best practice.
- Arrange and conduct internal compliance audits to check compliance with laws and policies.
- Arrange and conduct training of employees in the business on compliance matters.
- Prepare for and respond to any Global compliance audits which monitor compliance with Global policies.
- Prepare and provide annual and quarterly plans for the compliance function.
- Prepare weekly reports to the UK General Counsel, Head of Legal Europe Office, and the CFO of compliance activities and issues.
- Liaise with the Data Protection Officer to support data protection compliance and preparations for GDPR.
The Compliance Manager is expected to be patient, pragmatic, flexible, a good communicator, detail focused, culturally aware/ sensitive and be able to explain legal issues in clear terms that are easily understood. They need to be able to work under their own initiative although the role is to function and be integrated within a small and close knit legal team.
They need also to understand and be committed to working within an "in-house" legal environment. They need to have excellent drafting and negotiation skills. Finally, they need to be able to work/communicate with, influence and provide guidance to individuals at all levels of the organisation.
The lawyer should have good academic qualifications and should have spent some time in a compliance role. The role would suit qualified lawyers or people with experience in a legal compliance role.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.