- Permanent role
- In House
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
We are seeking a Deputy Company Secretary to join a FTSE 100 based in Gloucestershire who will support the Company Secretary in providing strategic governance advice to the Group.
This position works closely with and supports the Company Secretary in providing strategic governance advice and support to the PLC and wider and wider Group to ensure that it complies with all governance, regulatory and legal requirements. This role will work in close collaboration with the other Deputy Company Secretary within the team and will therefore have a key role to play in this high-profile team.
This is an extremely exciting opening for someone who is looking for an opportunity, to make a real impact at the most senior level within a FTSE 100 organisation.
- Acts as deputy and supports the Company Secretary in relation to ExBo, RemCo, NomCo induction/training of NEDs and other matters below
- Responsible for ensuring Group's compliance with corporate and governance legal and regulatory requirements and effective group and business/operational line governance. This includes supporting and advising the relevant committees, subsidiaries and business divisions operating in the UK and in overseas territories.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with SIMR and SM&CR including maintaining the Group's Governance Maps, liaising with Compliance to ensure regulatory approvals for approved persons are obtained and remain up to date and owning the Group's Fitness & Propriety Policy
- Ensures compliance with the Senior Insurance Managers' Regime, Senior Manager and Certification Regime and liaises with compliance on regulatory approvals for the Board and the Executive Directors
- Responsible for compliance with MAR (including ownership and operation of the relevant policies) and compliance with the relevant requirements of the UKLA's Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules etc in relation to share transactions (working with the Share Dealing Team in this respect)
- Responsible for the Board's conflicts policy and records and ensuring compliance and the PAD Policy
- Member of Liquidations and Acquisitions Committees dealing with all secretarial support
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Group and business structure chart and Powers of Attorney
- Responsible for employee and Partner share plans and for issued share capital, block listings, directors' interests, together with all announcements relating to these
- Monitor and protect all the group's trade marks
- Horizon scanning for all new regulations and guidance in relation to governance and advising on these
We are keen to hear from qualified a Company Secretary or Solicitor with significant company secretarial experience gained at a senior level in a PLC environment. Experience gained in the financial services or another regulated sector would be beneficial. In addition you should be a strong communicator who can build relationships with gravitas who can work within a complex governance structure.
This position is commutable from Gloucestershire, Birmingham, West Midlands, Bristol and Oxford areas.
Competitive six figure package on offer.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.