- £55,000.00 - 65,000.00
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
In House Legal Counsel / Data Protection lawyer
Up to £65k car bonus
A nationally recognised brand within the consumer services sector is seeking a data protection lawyer with good commercial acumen. The In House Legal Counsel / Data Protection Lawyer will be involved across the whole of the business as part of a highly integrated legal team.
- Provide day to day legal advice and support in relation to new business ventures, contract queries, drafting agreements with customers (terms and conditions, policies etc), particularly in relation to Data Protection and GDPR.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies.
- Provide leadership within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed to fit within the Board's agreed risk appetite.
- Deal with data protection matters from a B2C and B2B angle.
- Experience dealing with data protection matters from both a B2C and B2B angle.
- A good legal and working knowledge of the principles of competition, commercial, contract and data protection law as required.
- Lawyers with experience of acting as a legal adviser to insurer/insurance broker business and knowledge of the relevant regulatory framework are desirable but this is a nice to have.
As stated the salary is up to £65k negotiable car bonus. The role comes with a degree of flexibility (within reason!) and also after 1 year there are additional corporate perks.
If you're interested in this In House Legal Counsel / Data Protection Lawyer role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.