Christopher, thanks for agreeing to be interviewed for The Brief. Firstly, can you give us…
Search for 2112 Solicitor and Legal job vacancies in the UK:
Interim solutions. Delivering expertise as and when it’s needed.
Consultant lawyers, locum solicitors, temporary paralegals. The title may vary, but their value to clients doesn’t. In fact, interim specialists or ‘consultants’ are an essential resource to many of our clients. Private practice law firms and in-house departments get the advantage of added flexibility and reduced costs. You enjoy greater control over your career and a more flexible lifestyle too – one reason the number of lawyers opting for this career choice is on the rise.
Whether you’re a barrister, solicitor, legal professional or paralegal, BCL’s Interim Solutions focuses on the placement of specialists on a full or part-time basis for a limited or on-going period. We represent the very best candidates in their chosen area of law and work with some of the UK’s leading law firms, companies and public sector organisations. And we can offer you any help and advice you need about working on an interim basis.
What are clients’ reasons for using a professional interim resource?
There can be a number of reasons for needing a temporary specialist lawyer. Here are just a few.
- Growth or department restructure can need an experienced professional to help drive the business forward for a limited period
- Crisis or change – if a firm is going through a merger, acquisition or management buy-out, experienced immediate help can be required
- Gap Management – sometimes when firms are planning to recruit permanently, they need a safe pair of hands in the short term
- Resignation can unexpectedly leave a firm exposed
- Secondment – planning an internal move may mean an experienced professional needs to be brought in to keep things ticking over
- Peaks of Activity mean firms sometimes want to maintain fee income without the headcount, or want to deal with an increased workload without the commitment of a permanent employee
- Sickness Cover – if a fee earner is off work and it’s uncertain when they'll return, a firm may need cover at short notice, day by day, week by week
- Maternity Leave can be planned for and covered
27TH MARCH 2014
27TH MARCH 2014
Lindsay, firstly can you tell us a bit about your career to date? I studied…