Christopher, thanks for agreeing to be interviewed for The Brief. Firstly, can you give us…
Search for 2112 Solicitor and Legal job vacancies in the UK:
Temporary and contract lawyers — Flexibility delivered
Experience on tap. Added value. Cost-effective resource. Locum and consultant solicitors can offer you all this and more. Traditionally it’s been small to medium-sized law firms that have used them, usually to ease the pressure when one of the partners is on holiday or maternity leave. But now, the value of locum solicitors as an immediate and important resource solution is more widely recognised.
Consultant solicitors, on the other hand, are highly experienced lawyers often specialising in niche areas such as tax and competition law. Their high hourly cost is easily offset by the flexibility, willingness and experience they provide.
So what are the benefits of using ‘interim professionals’?
There are many. They can quickly add value, their skills and experience delivering the right solution in a given period.
They’re flexible and cost effective, able to be in place the following day. So you can immediately respond to changes in workload or market demands without increasing your payroll.
They can often bring fresh ideas and process improvements too. They’re also committed to maintaining high professional standards, as they rely on referrals and a successful track record for future work.
Where to find them and when to use them
Interim Solutions from BCL is the ideal way to find exactly the right lawyer for your particular situation. Our Consultant Register is an unrivalled database of experienced professionals able to add the specialist skills you need. Both will deliver the right result on a temporary or contract basis, in situations such as these:
- Growth or restructuring, where an experienced professional is needed to help drive the business forward for a limited period
- Crisis or change, when a firm is going through a merger, acquisition or management buy-out and experienced immediate help is required
- Gap Management, when you’re planning to recruit permanently, but need a safe pair of hands in the short term
- An unexpected resignation which has left your firm exposed
- Secondment, where you’re planning an internal move and need an experienced professional to keep things ticking over
- Peaks of Activity when you need to handle an increase in workload but don't want the commitment of a permanent employee
- Sickness Cover, especially when you’re unsure when the person affected will return, can be covered at short notice, day by day, week by week
- Maternity Leave, when you need to plan ahead to make sure you're covered
27TH MARCH 2014
27TH MARCH 2014
Lindsay, firstly can you tell us a bit about your career to date? I studied…