Thinking of leaving a career in law behind? You’re good with people and you can negotiate contracts, have you thought of recruitment and business development?
I understand the thought of making a move out of law is a daunting one but if you are looking for a new challenge that allows you to utilise many of your existing skills, including people management, negotiating and networking, then you should definitely consider recruitment. Recruitment is about understanding candidates, clients and the market. Moving into legal recruitment would allow you to utilise your market knowledge and build upon existing networks, so you won’t feel like you are starting from scratch.
Recruitment is not an easy option or an escape route for failed lawyers; you need to be hard working, driven and target orientated in order to get the results required. Like in law, you also need good time management and organisational skills as often you need to work on a number of different elements of the recruitment lifecycle at once.
Before taking the plunge I would advise you make sure you have really had enough of law, if you are unsure maybe try a different role within the legal sector. When your mind is made up, be brave but be sensible. Do your research and due diligence into companies and more specifically what aspects of recruitment you will be good at and not so good at so you can make sure you find the right recruitment role/company for you.
So why would you choose BCL Legal?
• A nurturing environment – as a consultant at BCL Legal you will have the opportunity to work with like minded ambitious and engaging people, we support each other and work as a team. We ensure that you are in an environment suitable for you to succeed and progress.
• We work on a WIN/WIN basis, if it works for you and for the business the opportunities are endless.
• A clear route to progression – we have a ‘no secret’ route to promotion and we invest hugely in training and personal development.
• A bonus structure that is clearly defined and highly achievable.
• And finally, unbeatable acquisition:-
- BCLLegal.com is a leading legal jobs board
- The Brief – sent out to 80,000 + subscribers
- BCLGraduates – has thousands of graduates registered looking for work and hundreds of clients currently signed up. The service offers added value for clients and ensures long term relationships are built with candidates
- We are the largest single supplier of CPD and networking events to the legal profession
If you are currently working in law but looking for a change please do not hesitate to contact Amy Jeffrey to have a confidential chat.