Recruitment specialists can play a vital part in helping you secure a new opportunity. You may be looking for your dream role or you could just be looking to fill a temporary gap.
Whatever your work desires, recruitment professionals can assist you in finding what it is you are looking for. Here are 5 reasons why you should use a recruitment specialist.
1. Specialist recruitment consultants know your industry like inside out: As a specilaist legal recruiter it is my role to understand the role of a lawyer (in fact I am an ex-lawyer), the in’s and out’s of the profession and where your skills, cultural fit and career goals would be suited in potential employment. Since specialist recruitment agents are so well versed in all of the technical and personal requirements for the roles you are applying for, they’ll be able to give an accurate evaluation of where your experience and skills would be best utilised, and also provide you with advice on how to remedy any gaps in your knowledge. We know your industry inside out!
2. Specialist recruitment agencies actively cultivate strong (and often exclusive) relationships with industry leading businesses: As a jobseeker, this means that your recruitment consultant can actively seek out opportunities within organisations you want to work with or your skill set would be suited to, and as a result – you may be offered a role in a business that you were not aware of.
3. Direct route to the decision makers: As recruitment consultant I have direct access to the decision maker or anyone that is dealing with your application such as Human Resources. If you apply directly, you simply submit your application online and if its unsuccessful, you usually won’t hear back. It’s in our best interest to get you an interview or feedback on your CV ASAP and we will chase your application on your behalf.
4. Tailored interview preparation and honest & detailed feedback: As we know your industry and our client inside out we can give you tailored interview preparation for each interview and pointers of what particular clients’ looks for. If you were going directly, you wouldn’t know what to expect or what skills are particularly important to demonstrate to the decision maker. We will always aim to give you the best feedback possible even if at first it may seem harsh. We want you to get a job, therefore we will tell you about anything negative from a prior interview so you can improve on it moving forward.
5. Specialist recruitment agents can offer you salary advice based on bench marking within the industry: Since your specialist recruitment consultant works exclusively within your chosen industry, it stands to reason that they will have an in-depth knowledge on the type of salary you can expect from new roles. They can also provide advice on what you need to do in order to secure a higher package, and in the majority of new work arrangements, provide you with an edge, by handling the negotiation for you when it comes to your new contract.
If you are a legal professional looking for a new opportunity, then we would be delighted to assist you.