News, opinion, interviews and business insights from legal industry leadersSubscribe
BCL Legal was proud to sponsor last week’s Thomson Reuters & Practical Law’s Leading Small and Medium Legal Teams Conference – the second in the GC Leadership Series.
The event, which took place at The Tower Hotel in London on Thursday 15th October, attracted over 70 leading figures from the in-house legal community, including heads of legal, general counsel, group counsel, company secretaries and legal directors of companies with small to medium sized legal teams.
Jennifer Swallow, general counsel of Transferwise, provided valuable insight as well and firm guidance as chair, ensuring that lively discussion and interesting debate continued throughout the day. The event tackled many themes, including the challenges of working with limited resources and having to juggle multiple responsibilities to deliver value across a business, as follows:
THEME 1: Developing your role within the business
• Wearing many hats: defining the role and function of the legal team
THEME 2: Delivering value to the business
• Something old, something new, something borrowed, something built by you: creative use of technology and;
• Drawing the most out of external providers
THEME 3: How do you manage and lead?
• A people manager: leading a team of full time and flexibly resourced professionals with legal and or other professional competencies:
• Project Management training session
Rachael North, director, in house, based in London commented: “We were delighted to sponsor the conference once more. The topics covered were interesting and relevant and offered delegates practical advice and a number of excellent strategies which they could take away and implement in their own organisations, making it an extremely useful as well as pleasurable and inspirational day.’