Now don’t get me wrong, I am a real country girl at heart.
From as long back as I can remember, I was horse mad, bonkers infact, a horsey bore my Dad used to call me, I was seldom seen without a pair of wellies and jodhpurs on, generally speaking I was either galloping through the Wyre Forest or up to my knees in muck, mucking out.
However, I have to say it’s all about the city now a days. Birmingham City.
Being a country girl or not – Birmingham has totally changed my view on ‘city life’. Here’s why:
1. Edgy Foodie Scene – Birmingham has more restaurants and culinary variety than you can shake a stick at! Not only did we create the world famous ‘balti’ we have an uber cool street food scene and Brumtown boasts more Michelin restaurants than any other UK city outside of London!
2. Everyone’s dead funny ! – We have our very own annual ‘Comedy Festival’ and we are home to numerous comedians Shazia Mirza, Barbara Nice, Joe Lycett, Jasper Carrott, Tony Hancock and Frank Skinner, who you can possibly find sharing a few ‘loffs’ in The Comedy Club of a weekend.
3. Super speedy train lines – You can be in London in just 1 hr 24 mins!
4. Relaxation and Waterways– We have a ridiculous amount of waterworks from reservoirs to lakes and natural conservation areas which is good going considering we have no coastline! Fact for you – we have more canals than Venice! We have more open public space (3,500 hectares to be precise) than any other European City!
5. Barmy amount of beautifully shaped buildings – The Cube, Library of Birmingham, ‘Blobist’ Selfridges Store, The Bull Ring!
6. Glamourous Shopping – The Mailbox, Grand Central and The Bull Ring boasts over 160 shops from The Apple Store to Selfridges! Quick fact – The Bronze Bull situated in the middle of the Bull Ring weighs 5 tonnes..
7. Sweet Tooth? – Cadbury’s World is home in our suburb of Bournville.
8. Secret Gin Bar…but ill let you find that out for yourselves..
Here at BCL Legal, I specialise in the Residential Property recruitment of Partners, Associates, Solicitors, Legal Executives and Paralegals into private practice law firms across Birmingham and the West Midlands. If you are a residential property specialist and you are pondering your next career move why don’t you have a think about a career in a Birmingham based law firm?
If you are interested in discussing how a career in conveyancing could be the right direction for you please do not hesitate to call Grace Homer at BCL Legal on 0121 237 5613 to discuss the opportunities available to you. I look forward to speaking with you.