So, how do you get employees engaged in your process, beliefs, mission, vision etc? Here is an answer in the form of a list to this frequently asked question:
1. Hire right. You need the right people in the right jobs.
2. Properly train your employees – both technical and soft skills.
3. Recognise people when they are successful.
4. Celebrate success with the entire organisation. Share great stories.
5. Create a learning environment. When employees do well applaud them. When there is a mistake, make it a positive learning experience.
6. Recognise that everyone is involved in customer service, not just the customer service department, and it starts at the very top of the organisation. Customer service is not a department, it is a philosophy.
7. Be polite and show respect. Say please, thank you and let your people know you appreciate their hard work.
8. Finally, practice what I call the Employee Golden Rule which is to treat your employees the way you want your customers treated – maybe even better.