News, opinion, interviews and business insights from legal industry leadersSubscribe
I have 17 questions I always ask about Vision and Mission that I’ve decided to share. Here goes:
• What is the vision?
• Is the business capable of reaching its vision?
• Where should the business be in five years?
• What does the business want to achieve over the next five to 10 years (goals)?
• What will the business look like once its goals are achieved?
• What are the key values that the business stands for?
• What is the key message (or phrase) that best describes the business?
• Do the founders and owners have a personal vision of how the business will look or provide its services in the future?
• What should differentiate the business from its competitors?
• Does the business have a clearly defined mission?
• Why does the business exist?
• Why is the business needed?
• How should employees view the business?
• How should the business be viewed by its customers?
• What are the critical things for the business to achieve?
• What makes the business unique?
If you cannot answer these questions there is a good chance your competitors can and are!