News, opinion, interviews and business insights from legal industry leadersSubscribe
1. Firstly, what is your role?
Managing Partner of Conveyancing and Probate Departments
2. Why did you choose a career in conveyancing?
I didn’t ! I have performed a variety of roles at Stephensons over the last 22 years.
3. What attracted you to your particular specialism?
I moved across to Conveyancing / Probate around 11 years ago now due to succession issues within the practice
4. What is the most enjoyable part of your job?
Seeing both departments continue to grow over the last two to three years
5. What particular challenges are you or have you faced in these tougher times?
Dealing with redundancies and redeployment of staff around 2008/09 due to the property crash. More recently recruitment of quality staff.
6. What do you think will be growth opportunities for the conveyancing profession over the next couple of years?
There are current capacity issues in the industry and that plus tighter lender panel management is likely to provide further opportunities to grow.
7. What’s been your most enjoyable or high profile recent piece of work?
Establishing and developing a new centre in Hammersmith London over the last 16 months.
8. What inspires you when it comes to your work?
Growing our business and working with good people who provide an excellent service to clients.
9. Do you work by a particular mantra or motto in your business life?
Treat others as you would want to be treated yourself.
10. Can you give one piece of professional advice to your peers?
I would not dream of telling any of the firm how to run their businesses . There is no right or wrong way , it is what works best for your particular business.