- Job Search
- Commercial Litigation Solicitor (Cyber Security)
Commercial Litigation - Contentious Cyber Security & Data Protection Associate Solicitor 2-5 PQE - Birmingham
Top ranked global law firm is seeking an enthusiastic Associate to join its Contentious Cyber Security and Data Protection team in Birmingham. This is a rare opportunity to join an exciting and dynamic team who are accelerating growth and involved in some of the most important, complicated and high profile contentious matters in the market. This opportunity is offered on a full or part-time (4 days a week) permanent basis with flexible and agile working options accommodated.
As a Contentious Cyber Security & Data Protection Associate Solicitor in this team, you would:
- Join a leading contentious cyber security and data protection global practice who are at the forefront of this area of law and who work together to advise some of the world's leading brands and corporations on international data protection and compliance issues.
- Work with clients who range from multinational, Global 1000 and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
- Advise on high value and complex disputes including contentious data privacy, regulatory enforcement, cyber security, major incident response and investigations and litigation.
- Gain direct experience in all aspects of disputes avoidance, management and resolution of high quality complex disputes and regulatory investigations.
- Engage with government and law enforcement agencies in the UK and abroad, including the five eyes intelligence alliance (such as GCHQ and the NSA) and global CERTs (such as the National Cyber Security Centre and the Department of Homeland Security).
- Support with civil and criminal litigation as it arises as a consequence of a cyber security or data protection incidents.
To be successful in your application for this vacancy, you will have:
- Be a qualified Solicitor or Barrister with a minimum of 2 years' PQE ideally with a strong emphasis on contentious data protection and cyber security matters during that time whether from private practice, in-house, or from a role within government or the public sector.
- Applications will also be considered from those with largely non-contentious data protection and cyber security experience who are keen to move in to a contentious role in this area of law. Applications will also be considered from Commercial Litigation Solicitors with a genuine interest in focusing on this niche area of litigation.
- Be commercially astute.
- A strong academic background.
- Have a genuine interest in technology and data matters, particularly from a contentious perspective.
- A good teamwork ethic.
The successful Contentious Cyber Security & Data Protection Associate Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A market leading salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong partner support from experts in contentious data and technology matters.
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- Genuine progression opportunities.
To be considered for this Contentious Cyber Security & Data Protection Associate Solicitor vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Donna Jones at BCL Legal for further information. BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018