£125,000 - 150,000
Commercial Litigation Associate - Magic Circle
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a commercial litigation associate to join a magic circle firm in London to undertake complex, high profile, and international matters for domestic and overseas clients.
The firm is a household name and operates on a truly global scale with offices throughout the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific, and United States.
The dispute resolution group in London comprises of 30 partners and 100 associates, acting for clients across various sectors including financial services, telecommunications, consumer and retail, media, energy, technology, healthcare and life sciences, insurance, and industrials.
The successful commercial litigation associate joining this outstanding practice will undertake a broad range of work, which will include:
· Litigation - advising UK and international corporations, banks and financial institutions on a wide range of complex and often cross border disputes including M&A disputes, banking litigation, group litigation, aircraft finance disputes, and antitrust litigation.
· Insurance - representing insurance policyholders on insurance coverage disputes and advising them on policy and the use of insurance to support projects and transactions, with a particular focus on credit, political risk, title, property, business interruption and liability insurance. You will also represent major insurers and other clients in disputes and contentious regulatory matters.
· Financial services enforcement - handling all aspects of criminal and enforcement matters, including advising clients on how to avoid the substantial risks that investigations and prosecutions pose, representing clients before regulatory and self-regulatory bodies and defending clients in investigations and in court in both civil and criminal trials.
· Arbitration, international trade, and public international law - representing corporates, financial institutions, states and international organisations in international commercial and investment treaty arbitration, and inter-state disputes. This will include advising on matters of public international law and international trade law.
· Compliance - Assisting corporations with financial crime compliance matters in relation to sanctions, money laundering and bribery.
· Regulatory investigations - supporting and advising on investigations and disciplinary proceedings by regulatory authorities.
This position is ideally suited to commercial litigation associates with a minimum of four years' PQE. Candidates applying for this position should be able to display a strong academic background, excellent drafting and communication skills, ideally experience in both domestic and international matters.
Offering a market leading salary, and exceptional development opportunities, this is a rare and exciting prospect for ambitious commercial litigation associates.
For more information or to make an application, please contact Gishan Abeyratne at BCL Legal.
Associate Director - Private Practice
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.