- Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- £42,000.00 - 52,000.00
- Private Practice
- Contract Type:
- Temporary role
- Reference Number:
Employment Solicitor - Sheffield (temporary)
A top tier Legal 500 and Chambers rated team is looking to recruit an Employment Solicitor on a temporary basis to specialise in respondent employment tribunal claims and appeals, particularly in the context of unfair dismissal and discrimination.
You will be tasked with a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Drafting Service Agreements, Contracts of Employment and Settlement Agreements.
- Providing Corporate Support on Share Transactions and Business Transfers, including advising on TUPE.
- Providing support to our Real Estate teams on property acquisitions, disposals, lettings and asset management involving employment issues, in particular TUPE.
- Supporting the Projects team in connection with public sector outsourcings.
- Guiding clients through grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Guiding clients through the management of employees with physical and mental ill health and liaising with external experts.
- Advising on redundancy and restructuring processes.
- Advocacy and public speaking.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Employment Solicitor between 2 and 5 years PQE. You will have solid experience in employment law, most importantly contentious matters and ideally on the respondent side. Candidates from a claimant background are still welcome to apply. You will be a confident advocate, and have previous experience representing clients at Tribunal. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large national firm in its Head Office in Sheffield. Employment opportunities rarely come up in this region, especially with firms of such high calibre, so this is not a position to be missed.
For more information on this Employment Solicitor position in Sheffield, please contact Rozie Hunter at BCL Legal.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.