- Newcastle and Tyneside
- Private Practice
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
Private Client Solicitor, Newcastle
A leading regional firm is seeking a private client solicitor to join its private client team based in Newcastle on a 6 month fixed term basis. The firm is one of the North East's longest established commercial law firms with 69 years of experience. The chambers accredited team of lawyers are well known for the high quality, reliable advice that they provide to clients.
The small and collaborative private client team based in Newcastle undertakes a wide range of private client work including wills, powers of attorney, court of protection, trusts, and the administration of estates, ranging from modest to complex high net worth matters.
The successful solicitor will be able to:
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with risk and quality management procedures (including but not limiting to Lexcel)
- Meet financial targets by ensuring accurate time recording
- Assist in complex and large scale matters
- Capably work on a full and challenging case load/files
- Participate in marketing activities and cross sell the services of the departments
- Partake in business development, working closely with the local community to develop the reputation of the firm through local businesses
You will be a self motivated individual who can demonstrate excellent team working skills alongside the ability to manage a full and challenging case load with minimal supervision. You will also be prepared to work collaboratively with other members of the department and the firm on more complex matters.
A STEP qualification is advantageous but not essential.
In return the firm is offering a competitive package and flexible working options.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.