- Greater London
- Permanent role
- In House
- Greater London
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
In House Legal Counsel
Up to £60k + generous package
A fast-growing, acquisitive and entrepreneurial retail/leisure group with operations in the UK, across mainland Europe and further afield is seeking an In House Legal Counsel. The group has grown rapidly via organic growth and multiple acquisitions, and the company management is focused on further expansion of the group both within the UK and overseas.
A 2 - 3 year PQE is required to join the UK & Ireland team and support the Head of Legal, you will act as a true business partner with the Head of Legal in order to deliver sound, timely, fit for purpose and hands-on legal support and advice to the UK and Ireland business. You will enable the business to deliver on its objectives and to minimise its risk, whilst remaining commercially minded and solutions focused. This is an ideal opportunity for a career focused lawyer.
Contract drafting, review and management
- To draft, review and amend a broad range of general commercial agreements with a technology, procurement, sales and marketing bias independently and with the assistance of the Head of Legal.
- To assist the Head of Legal with rolling out standard form agreements, template agreements and terms and conditions across the business and implement appropriate training and processes to embed new ways of working.
- To maintain an up to date database of all agreements entered into by the UK & Ireland business.
Marketing and Sales Advice and Support
- To advise on and review copy for marketing campaigns and marketing promotions.
- To draft terms and conditions for short term tactical activity, often to short deadlines.
- To advise on and where appropriate oversee regulatory complaints and investigations.
Additional legal support
- To act as the first point of contact for Intellectual Property matters with external counsel.
- To manage anti-money laundering and subject access requests.
- To assist with training and compliance programmes across the business.
Litigation - personal injury claims
- Manage personal injury claims and all requests for information from our insurers and solicitors in the defence of all claims including liaising with site management, customer services, facilities and health and safety to investigate the claim and supply our insurers and their solicitors with any information they may require in support of that claim;
- Liaise with other departments in the business as is necessary regarding the taking, for instance, of witness statements and engineers reports.
The UK & Ireland business operates in the fast-paced, down to earth and gritty retail sector. Whilst retail sector experience is not essential, it is important that you have worked in a similarly fast-paced, consumer focused and demanding industry sector - for example leisure, hospitality, facilities management etc.
- Commercial Lawyer with 2 to 3 years PQE
- Able to reviewing and amend commercial contracts with and without supervision
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage expectations, juggle workload and meet deadlines in a fast paced business
- Managed/overseen external solicitors in respect of personal injury claims on behalf of the defendant (general litigation experience would be of benefit)
- Experience of advising on advertising and marketing law matters
- Drafting and rolling out new template agreements and terms and conditions, stakeholder training, developing and implementing new processes to increase team efficiency and output
An opportunity to progress in house with a strong and nationally recognised retailer. A basic salary of up to £60k + package elements including: annual bonus up to 9% of basic salary; 23 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays (increasing 1 day per full calendar year service up to 25 days); contributory pension scheme up to 5%; single private healthcare; life Assurance x3 and wider corporate benefits.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.