- Permanent role
- In House
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
Unique opportunity for an intellectual property solicitor to join a FTSE 100 global business where the development and capture of IP is at the heart of the business. We are keen to hear from IP lawyers or commercial lawyers with IP experience with 3-10PQE. This position can be based in the West Midlands or Bristol areas.
Our client is an extremely successful FTSE 100 business and has an illustrious past. With a global footprint and a product portfolio that is touched by nearly every person on the planet their future looks exciting with further growth planned.
An opportunity has arisen for a dedicated IP lawyer to join and advise the business on a board range of contentious and non contentious IP matters. The successful applicant will form part of the legal team but will also work closely with the wider business including product development teams, engineers and inventors. This is an excellent opportunity for an IP lawyer to join a global business where the development and capture of IP is at the heart of the business.
As the Group's dedicated IP lawyer you will provide legal advice and assistance to the Group and each of its operating divisions in relation to all IP related matters and the IP aspects of commercial and corporate transactions, including the following:
* Supporting key Development Contracts, Collaboration Agreements, Teaming Agreement, Trade Mark Licences, Research and Development Agreements with Academic Institutions and Confidentiality Agreements, formulating IP terms which best protect business interests, drafting and negotiating agreements where appropriate and advising on the strategic impact of agreed terms.
* Working with all Group functions at all levels in the business to preserve and protect the business position with respect to potential licensees, licensors, suppliers and customers where creation, ownership, use and/or confidentiality of IP is at issue.
* Leading negotiations and representing business interests in its dealings with development partners in multiparty consortium agreements relating to research and development.
* Providing IP legal support and advice on major commercial contracts and corporate transactions advising on cross border issues involving advice from a number of jurisdictions where applicable.
* Create standard documents for use in IP agreements and disputes and a process for ensuring their correct use.
* Educate and provide detailed training to personnel across the Group regarding IP matters including basic IP law, business policy, processes and procedures relating to IP Agreements.
* Instruct, manage and review the work of IP lawyers and advisers in other jurisdictions.
* Review and advise the Group on Grant Funding Arrangements for investment for the development of new technology and IP, including advice on State Aid relating to Grant Funding
* Lead on resolution of disputes relating to IP matters and on management of IP related litigation assessing the relative strength of cases, level of exposure and formulating strategy and adopting tactics for the optimal outcome and where appropriate taking the lead in settlement discussions.
* Manage dispute budgets.
This position would be suited to an IP lawyer with at least 3 years PQE gained in a national law firm or in a leading in-house team. Experience of dealing working with manufacturing or technology businesses would be an advantage. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a blue chip business alongside other lawyers- who all have top rated experience and training and be involved in a range of high value IP work.
Competitive package on offer.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.