- Permanent role
- In House
- In House
- Contract Type:
- Permanent role
- Reference Number:
As one of the North West's most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common sense approach to lending. Based in South Manchester, their team of over 700 colleagues is continuing to grow, and they are 34th in the 2018 Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For.
A varied and exciting vacancy has arisen in the in-house legal team for a Commercial Solicitor. You will be able to hone your commercial skills and you'll enjoy unrivalled access to the senior management team and the ability to influence the way in which decisions across the business are made. A key aspect of the role will be to advise upon and negotiate key commercial contracts with third party suppliers; however, the role will have a broader remit fitting the commercial requirements of the business from time to time and you must be prepared to handle a range of matters as well as providing legal support on internal projects.
The Legal Team
A well-established team lead by the General Counsel and Head of Legal offering support and development for a lawyer at this level
· Drafting, negotiating and advising on a variety of commercial agreements across a wide range of sectors and issues.
· Providing support to the business on a variety of projects as and when required.
· Dealing with ad-hoc requests for legal advice from any part of the business.
· Keeping abreast of and providing updates on any new legal developments so that senior management are kept informed of any emerging risks.
· Qualified solicitor, 2 - 4 years PQE, ideally you will have non-contentious experience gained within financial services
· Open attitude to expanding role to provide legal advice and representation across a range of topics and scenarios
· Strong problem solving skills with a positive, 'can do' approach
· Ability to work under pressure, unsupervised
· Strong commercial acumen with an ability to identify and analyse legal risks in the context of the wider business
· Ability to influence senior management and external stakeholders in order to drive positive change
This is a fantastic opportunity for a lawyer from private practice to make the move in-house or for an established in-house lawyer to join one of the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For. You will be challenged and rewarded in a commercial driven and results focused environment.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.