- Job Search
- Construction Litigation Solicitor
14th October 2020
Construction Litigation Solicitor | 3-6 PQE | Top international firm | Edinburgh
A top international law firm is seeking an associate to join the Contentious Construction team in Edinburgh.
- One of the largest firms in Scotland
- Top tier well established team
- Excellent career progression opportunity
- Strong focus on employee development
- Highly competitive salary
- Complex, high value and interesting work
- Full service advisory and dispute resolution service to clients across the construction industry
- Regularly involved in the most complex and high value construction disputes in Scotland.
- Advising on disputes in England and Wales and Northern Ireland for clients in both the public and private sector
- Clients include:
- You will be involved in a wide variety of work including contentious claims and insurance disputes
- Handling a variety of formal dispute proceedings including mediation, adjudication, litigation and arbitration
- Assisting senior team members with:
* Reviewing, analysing and providing opinions on construction contracts and supporting documentation
* Compiling evidence to analyse a factual position in a dispute
* Legal analysis of the client's position
* Providing clients with strategic advice on the most appropriate and cost effective solution
* Drafting pleadings and submissions
* Negotiating settlements
* Appearing in court, mediation, adjudication and arbitration acting as an advocate or on behalf of the client
- Show enthusiasm for contentious construction work
- Adapt your communication style appropriately
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in dispute resolution
- The ability to work well autonomously as well as in a team
- Self-motivated and driven
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
T: 0161 509 5007
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018