- Job Search
- Commercial Contracts Officer - Sports
I'm working with a well-known sporting organisation based in Lancashire to find a Commercial Contracts Officer to support the Head of Legal with a range of operational and sporting agreements. A rare opportunity to join a fascinating business in sport.
You will provide general contractual, legal and administrative support primarily to the Head of Legal - Commercial, but also the Chief Operating Officer and wider legal team as required. That support will be wide ranging and varied, reflecting the breadth of work undertaken by the team but will include the following:
- Assisting in the drafting, review and negotiation of commercial agreements. This may include, for example, NDA's, terms and conditions of supply and/or purchase, hire agreements, consultancy, software as a service (SaaS) and other IT related agreements;
- Preparation, distribution and management of agreements with external stakeholders;
- Supporting the business in contracting for operational projects;
- Develop and ensure compliance with procurement policies;
- Assisting with anti-piracy matters;
- Assisting in the provision of general legal advice in other areas relevant to the business including sports regulatory legal work, consumer legislation, and regulations relating to advertising and promotion; and
- Data protection.
This role would suit a paralegal or contracts officer with commercial contracts experience gained either in-house or in private practice. Knowledge of data protection would be advantageous. Please be aware that this role is unlikely to provide an opportunity for a training contract.
Placing People in Companies Like