- Job Search
- Interim General Counsel
An AIM listed biotech requires an Interim General Counsel and Company Secretary for an 8 month contract starting in May this year. The role can be performed remotely although you will be a key member of the Executive Team and therefore some travel will be necessary. This business is at the cutting edge of the discovery and development of new medicines and in a period of growth. The General Counsel and Company Secretary is accountable for ensuring that the Board, the Executive Team and the wider business are advised on legal matters and governance and will also be heavily involved in delivering change.
- Full control of the legal function managing and reducing business risk;
- Advising and supporting the Board on legal and governance matters at strategic and operational levels;
- Implementation of new governance frameworks and policies;
- Supporting the company's financing and business development; and
- Administration of Board meetings and maintenance of corporate records.
- Experienced in-house lawyer with at least 8 years PQE;
- Knowledge of the pharma / biotech sector;
- Effective leader with experience running Board meetings; and
- Commercial, corporate and company secretarial experience (ideally in a listed environment).
The business is constantly developing international funding to ensure continued growth and the ability to advise and facilitate these deals is imperative, as such, you will have real involvement in strategic decision making. You should be available to start a new role in April or at the beginning of May and be able to commit to a contract until the beginning of 2024. If you fulfil these criteria please get in touch with an up to date CV to arrange a discussion in more detail.
Placing People in Companies Like