- Job Search
- In-house Commercial Lawyer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel or Commercial Solicitor to join one of the best known retailers in the Manchester market. This is a chance to gain unrivalled commercial, corporate and regulatory experience within an international plc.
Reporting to the General Counsel your role will involve:
- Advising on, drafting, reviewing and negotiating a diverse range of commercial agreements (including licensing agreements, supplier agreements, sponsorship/influencer agreements - across sports, fashion and music, consumer facing terms and conditions, online/media campaigns and technology agreements);
- Assisting the Group M&A team on a diverse range of corporate transactional work, including acquisitions and joint ventures, in the UK and internationally;
- Advising the Group on various regulatory areas including data protection, consumer regulations and advertising standards regulations; and
- Maintaining and actively managing intellectual property portfolios and providing IP advice to the Group.
- 1+ PQE gained within a large private practice or in-house environment (preferably international);
- Experience in commercial contracts and IP;
- Excellent academics;
- The ability to communicate with all facets of the business.
- Corporate experience;
- Previous in-house experience;
- Experience gained in retail, leisure or sport.
This opportunity speaks for itself but it is important to note that this business requires office presence 5 days a week (with some ad hoc flexibility). This is due to the volume and quality of projects the legal team are involved with.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018