- Job Search
- General Counsel
I'm pleased to be assisting LoveEnergySavings with the recruitment of their first General Counsel, to be based at their Bolton Head Office.
LoveEnergySavings help UK households and businesses save money on their utilities. With the customer at the heart of everything they do, their technology delivers a simple switching experience for multiple utilities including energy, water and connectivity.
Born in 2007, Love Energy Savings began helping customers save money on their energy bills. This journey has taken them on a money-saving mission for UK businesses, offering further savings on water, broadband and other connectivity services. Picking up multiple awards along the way, they still make every decision with the customer at heart, and providing an outstanding experience is the most important goal. They enjoy an 'Excellent' rating on Trustpilot based on over 16,000 reviews
This is the first legal appointment for LoveEnergySavings; continued growth and a desire to improve efficiencies have prompted the decision to hire a General Counsel. You will build a legal function based on the needs of the business and create processes which can be taken into the next phase of growth.
Reporting to the CFO, the role will involve:
- Review and negotiation of commercial agreements;
- Management of broker contracts and relationships;
- Dealing with litigation as and when it arises;
- Preparation for upcoming changes in the regulatory landscape;
- Advising on marketing and advertising requirements;
- GDPR; and
- Management of external lawyers;
- A lawyer with at least 5 years commercial experience, some to be gained in-house;
- Experience in the energy market or retail sector would be advantageous;
- You should be suited to an entrepreneurial business which is very fast paced and where decisions are taken quickly;
- Commercially driven and able to work with the business to achieve their goals.
This role can be offered on a 4 or 5 day per week basis and would be well suited to an in-house lawyer looking for a step up into a sole legal position. The business is flexible in relation to office and work time but would expect that 1-2 days a week in the office would be usual.
Placing People in Companies Like