BCL Legal is delighted to partner with The JD Group, one of the North West's largest and most successful listed businesses. The company has once again posted record revenues and continues its phenomenal growth Globally, as a result, they would like to add a Senior Legal Counsel - Privacy to the legal team.
JD Sports Fashion Plc (JD) is a leading FTSE 60 international multi-channel retailer of sports, fashion and outdoor brands. Established in 1981, with a single store in the North West, JD now operates internationally in over 32 territories. The JD Group has over 3,400 stores across a number of retail fascias and embraces the latest online and in-store digital technology, providing it with a truly multi-channel and international platform for future growth. They combine globally recognised brands such as Nike, adidas, Puma and The North Face, with strong private labels such as Pink Soda and Supply & Demand.
The role requires an experience privacy lawyer with 4+ PQE who has experience of the privacy analysis of technology contracts and projects, as well as advising businesses on how to comply with data protection laws and regulations.. You will:
- Advise on JD Group internal documents such intra-group data sharing agreements, data retention policies, international data transfers, IT policies, data breach registers and processes, and interaction with relevant data processing regulators;
- Advise on consumer facing processing activities such as cookie policies, privacy policies, consumer marketing consents and customer journey compliance with data protection laws;
- Provide guidance to the JD Group's business functions in relation to any changes to e-privacy legislation across multiple jurisdictions;
- Advise and supporting the JD Group in its compliance with data protection laws and regulations, including:
providing strategic advice on privacy projects;
carrying out data protection impact assessments;
reviewing and implementing policies and procedures;
implementing data protection training programs across the JD Group;
maintaining compliance records and logs;
supporting the Data Protection Team to respond to data subject requests; and
- Assisting the JD Group M&A team on a diverse range of corporate transactional work, including acquisitions and joint ventures, in the UK and internationally from a privacy subject matter expert perspective.
PQE levels are approximate and applications are invited from individuals with relevant skills.
This role offers privacy and retail experience unrivalled in the North West, as well as interaction with leading global sports fashion brands. JD has a dynamic, forward thinking culture and working environment, at the cutting edge of retail and technology. It also has an impressive and ongoing track record of making acquisitions, and it is committed to improving and maintaining high levels of corporate governance.
The JD Group office is situated in Bury, North Manchester. Hybrid working is available although office presence is required each week.