- Job Search
- In-house Legal Counsel
My client is a business at the cutting edge of medical discovery, based in South Manchester, and with an existing legal team of 3 lawyers. They are now looking to add another lawyer to the team to act as a trusted advisor by providing practical, pragmatic and operationally/commercially focused advice on a wide variety of legal, commercial and compliance matters.
Reporting to the Senior Counsel the role will involve:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial arrangements and resulting contracts.
- Providing advice to the business on the full range of legal, commercial and compliance matters.
- Working with external legal providers as required.
- Working closely with the senior management team to ensure legal aspects of projects are dealt with appropriately.
- Provide support to the HR team on employment law matters.
- Supporting the procurement manager with the legal aspects of public procurements.
- Advising on matters related to data protection and supporting the DPO.
- Managing UK Biobank's contract database.
- Assisting the Senior Legal Counsel with company secretarial responsibilities where required.
This role would be suited to a lawyer with 2-5 years PQE from a commercial or corporate background. Previous in-house experience and some knowledge of data protection would be advantage.
This business has an excellent culture, they are very flexible and the legal team generally attend the office once a week. There are some great benefits on offer and this role would suit a lawyer looking for an interesting in-house role with great work / life balance.
Placing People in Companies Like