- Job Search
- General Counsel (Midlands & North West)
Would you like to establish and run the legal function for a growing, PE backed business in the renewable energy space?
I'm working with a business looking to add their first General Counsel to help guide them through a period of investment and to provide advice to the Board at this critical time. This is a highly entrepreneurial business at the start of its private equity growth journey. You will form part of a high-calibre team who will be tasked with scaling a world class business, with institutional credibility, in the growing energy transition domain.
Reporting into the CEO and CFO, this role will be responsible for ensuring that the business operates within relevant legal frameworks and managing a variety of legal projects relating to the business:
- This role requires a diligent and credible legal professional with proven expertise and experience in providing legal counsel at Executive Board level;
- Providing legal advice and support on a myriad of legal issues, including; commercial contracts, disputes, protection of IP assets, employment/contractor issues and data protection;
- Responsible for regulatory risk management and creating and monitoring effective governance practices across the business;
- Experience in building processes from scratch; and
- Has a real appetite to deliver and build a high-quality legal function for the business.
Skills & Experience
- A senior lawyer with significant in-house experience;
- Exposure to a private equity backed business or to the renewable energy sector would be useful but isn't essential.
- Demonstrable level of experience in and exposure to a broad range of legal work and commercial issues, including; commercial contracts, employment issues, litigation, due diligence, protection of IP assets and corporate governance;
- Experience in leading projects with a legal/regulatory, compliance or risk management focus;
- A strong communicator who can operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; and
- Able to take complex issues and provide clear explanations and practical solutions to the business, internal stakeholders, shareholders, and the Executive Board.
The role will be hybrid but does require time in both the Midlands and North West. It's an exciting opportunity to be there from the start of a very exciting journey in a ground breaking sector.
Placing People in Companies Like