- Job Search
- Legal Counsel - Disputes (Financial Services)
A very unique role is available with a well established bank in Manchester, an excellent chance for a banking or insolvency lawyer to move in-house, or for an in-house lawyer already working in financial services to move to a really impressive organisation.
The role will involve providing advice and guidance, as well as legal document and correspondence drafting, and liaising with external lawyers and key stakeholders within the Bank, in relation to all contentious, insolvency and debt recovery matters. You will:
- Advise on and draft suitable reservation of rights letters or formal demand letters;
- Advise on potential security enforcement options, including administration and fixed charge receiver appointments;
- Undertake documentation reviews, including; loan agreements, security documents, valuation reports and title registers;
- Advise on and draft in relation to unsecured debt recovery;
- Understand the pre-action protocols required to be followed prior to a mortgage possession claim;
- Advise branches on the effects of third party debt orders, freezing orders, restraint orders, on the operations of bank accounts or the ability to make payments;
- Advise on complex fraud matters, including APP fraud, and card related fraud;
- Input on complaints received by branches or even directly by CEO, where complaint has potential to become litigious;
- Draft complaint responses on behalf of investigator to ensure legally sound;
- Review any letters of claim made against the Bank and provide initial advice; and
- Engage and work with external lawyers throughout whole litigation process, providing review and input throughout.
The role would be best suited to a lawyer either in banking, insolvency or financial litigation in private practice or already in-house for a financial institution.
As this is an extremely varied role support and development is available. Benefits are excellent and include a 15% pension contribution, family healthcare and hybrid working.
Placing People in Companies Like