- Job Search
- In-House Commercial Solicitor
A growing retailer, part of a larger group of retail businesses, requires an in-house commercial solicitor to take responsibility for the legal function. This is a rare sole counsel role based between Manchester and Liverpool, offering an excellent opportunity to enhance your existing commercial skill set.
You will be reporting and working closely with the CFO, with a dotted line to the Group General Counsel and Group Company Secretary.
· Commercial contracts: vetting commercial agreements and providing varied advise to the business
· Involvement in a variety of commercial projects
· Reviewing employment terms
· Monitoring policies and procedures and keeping up to date with changes in consumer law
· Instructing and liaising with external solicitors as and when required
· At least 3 years PQE in a similar role (in-house experience is an advantage)
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Good at building relationships
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment
This role gives the opportunity for a n in-house lawyer to increase their autonomy whilst still having access to support from the wider group. If you are ready to increase your responsibility in a fast-paced retail sector this could be the role for you.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018