- Job Search
- Legal Counsel (Commercial)
Commercial Legal Counsel
A global leader in technology and leisure are recruiting for an additional commercial legal counsel for their Manchester team. The business is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and this opportunity will allow the successful commercial lawyer to travel internationally if desired, as well as work closely with senior contacts in London and Manchester.
The business is split into three main channels and this role will give responsibility for one of these channels outside of the US. This means that there is lots of room to grow with the role, as well as to move into increasingly complex business areas. You will form part of a team of 8 lawyers with support from Senior Legal Counsel in Manchester
· Provide general commercial law support, with a focus on review, negotiation, and drafting a wide range of commercial agreements, including technology supply agreements, bid proposal responses and partner/collaboration agreements.
· Provide support for business teams operating throughout the world.
· Provide pragmatic commercial advice.
· Identify and advise internal clients on legal risks, mitigation, pre-litigation disputes and resolving a wide variety of issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
· 2 - 5 years PQE (law firm or in-house)
· Legal areas of expertise: Contract/commercial law, Technology and Intellectual Property licensing and Data Protection.
· Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
· Customer-oriented interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with large cross-functional teams (including representatives from finance, regulatory/compliance, operations and HR).
This is an opportunity for a top-quality lawyer to join a very forward thinking business in a hugely interesting sector.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018