- Job Search
- Legal Counsel (0-3 PQE)
Legal Counsel - Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Market leading salary and package on offer
bet365 is one of the world's leading online gambling companies, delivering an unrivalled online betting experience to more than 23 million customers in 19 languages and holding licences and market-leading positions in numerous jurisdictions across Europe and globally.
The sector is complex, technology-driven, highly regulated and constantly evolving. As a result, the bet365 legal team enjoys the challenge of cutting-edge, multi-jurisdictional work within a wide range of regulatory frameworks and plays a central part in the development of the worldwide business.
Following a period of growth for the legal team at bet365 another opportunity has arisen for a legal counsel. You will have support from the Group General Counsel as well as a number of senior lawyers in the team. You will provide legal support across the business in the UK and internationally. This is an incredibly varied role that will see you providing advice and guidance to a number of business areas on a wide range of matters including:
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts
- Reviewing and advising on marketing promotions and advertisements
- Advising on compliance and regulatory issues relating to UK and international betting and gaming laws and licensing
- Researching and advising on a range of legal matters such as trademarks and copyright, IP matters, data protection laws concerning the group
- Advising on day to day legal queries from the business
- Advising and assisting in responding to customer complaints and external dispute resolution
- Ad hoc projects and business development opportunities as they arise
Required Key Skills:
We are seeking a bright and ambitious commercial lawyer with a strong academic background and likely between newly qualified and 3 years PQE gained at a well-regarded, top tier law firm or in house team. Secondment or in house experience would be helpful but not essential. You will be highly motivated and pro-active, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to find sound commercial solutions to challenging legal and commercial issues. The successful candidate will have the ability to organise, prioritise and plan effectively as well as having a desire to learn and develop. A familiarity/experience of the gambling sector would be ideal but is not essential. As well as an ability to be a great team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, the role requires ability to build rapport and establish trust at all levels.
Please contact Alison McKee at BCL Legal our exclusively retained consultant. All direct and third party applications will be sent to BCL Legal for consideration.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018