- Job Search
- Legal Counsel
A global financial services organisation are recruiting Legal Counsel to join their established UK team. This is a very interesting role working in a sub-team who concentrate on the effect of regulatory changes across the business. Reporting to Senior Counsel he role requires a commercial or financial services lawyer with an avid interest in project based work.
- Advise on law and regulation applicable in the UK and identify the impact on relevant lines of business, working together with the relevant line of business lawyers.
- Identify regulatory change affecting template documents across Markets lines of business and advise on necessary amendments required to ensure contracts remain compliant with local law and regulation.
- Coordinate with the public policy and regulatory affairs team to keep abreast of horizon scanning and work closely with line of business lawyers to assist with regulatory change and strategic initiative implementation.
- Draft and negotiate transactional and other agreements across lines of business.
- Advise business managers, relationship managers, commercial and back-office teams as well as Compliance, Risk and Credit officers on legal and regulatory issues that arise in connection with the Markets business.
- Provide updates on regulatory matters to business risk committees and other relevant committees for EMEA Markets.
- Engage and manage outside counsel in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Liaise with legal colleagues in other jurisdictions (including the Markets legal teams in the EU, US and APAC), including obtaining advice on law and regulation from legal colleagues in such jurisdictions.
- Represent EMEA legal in working on new projects, regulation and initiatives generally across the Markets group in EMEA.
- This role would suit a lawyer with 2-5 years PQE (although lawyers with equivalent experience will be considered)
- Financial services experience, along with wider in-house experience, would be useful but isn't necessary
- Strong communication, drafting, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
This is is a really interesting project-based role working for a globally recognised organisation. The salary on offer is excellent and there is huge scope for progression within the organisation.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018