Innovative North West based transport & logistics company seeks commercial solicitor to join the team reporting to the Head of Legal. This is a superb option for commercially minded lawyers living in Manchester, Liverpool or Preston and looking for either a new in-house challenge or a first move into industry. The role can be considered on either a part-time or full-time basis.
Our client is one of the UKs leading logistics companies and is proud to count many of the UKs leading retailers as clients.
Based in the North West of England, our client's offices are accessible to individuals living in Liverpool, Manchester, Preston, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton and surrounds.
· Drafting, negotiating and advising in relation to client contracts for services with some of the UK's largest retailers.
· Drafting, negotiating and advising in relation to a wide range of commercial supply contracts including logistics, repair and maintenance, IT, facilities and consultancy.
· Drafting, negotiating and advising in relation to data processing agreements, confidentiality agreements and other data protection related issues.
· Providing general commercial and contractual advice to all levels of the business in relation to a range of topics e.g. confidentiality, contract queries, consumer claims and complaints, policy drafting, data protection enquiries, intellectual property etc.
· Managing and developing standard contractual terms.
· Providing support to and instructing external lawyers in relation to litigated matters. Being able to correspond and negotiate in relation to smaller commercial disputes pre-litigation.
· Keeping abreast of and advising on developments in law and regulation.
The role of commercial solicitor is pitched at individuals with 2 years' PQE+ on a full time basis, or lawyers of a higher PQE on a 3 or 4 day per week basis. Applications are welcome from those with existing in-house experience as well as individuals moving in-house for the first time.
In exchange for your efforts, you will be provided with a competitive basic salary, pension, family healthcare and company discount.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.