- Job Search
- General Counsel - Supreme Plc
Supreme PLC is a manufacturer, distributor and brand-owner of fast-moving consumer-goods, operating across 5 principal product categories - batteries, lighting, vaping, sports nutrition & wellness and household consumables. Last year the group turned over almost £100m and employs around 200 people, most of which are based at its principal site in Trafford Park (albeit the group also has offices in Blackburn and the Netherlands). Supreme has reported consistent growth over the last 5 years (organically and via a number of bolt-on acquisitions), is cash-generative and has very modest levels of debt on its balance sheet.
The business traded resiliently throughout COVID and has continued on its growth trajectory throughout. Until recently Supreme was owned entirely by its founder and CEO, Sandy Chadha. In February 2021 however, Supreme PLC began trading around 40% of its shares on AIM following a successful Initial Public Offering ("IPO") - providing the Group with access to capital (to fund growth) and the opportunity to attract and retain high profile customers and quality employees. Today the business is managed by an impressive C-Suite and roster of non-executives.
The role: General Counsel
As a result of Supreme Plc's flotation and continued growth they are now looking for their first lawyer; a hugely exciting opportunity to join one of the North West's success stories.
Reporting to the CFO, Suzanne Smith, and based in Trafford Park, Manchester, the role will require:
- Commercial contracts
- Company secretarial matters
- Management of the trademark portfolio
- Corporate transactions (M&A)
- Corporate governance and ESG
- Regulatory- European Tobacco Directive, cross border regulation, health and safety
- A senior lawyer; ideally with commercial experience gained in-house
- Recent experience working for a listed business with experience gained in advising a Plc on legal and commercial responsibilities.
- You should be suited to an entrepreneurial business which is very fast paced and where decisions are taken quickly,
- You should be dynamic, commercial, professional and bright.
- Experience managing a company's trademark portfolio is desirable but not essential.
This role can be offered on a 4 or 5 day per week basis and is a fantastic opportunity to join a commercially driven business with an impressive growth and acquisition strategy. Supreme Plc's results speak for themselves across a number of carefully chosen and complimentary categories.
If you are interested in discussing the role in more detail please contact Alison McKee of BCL Legal to discuss on email@example.com. Please note that BCL Legal have been retained as Supreme Plc's exclusive recruiter and 3rd party applications will be forwarded on.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018