- Job Search
- Head of Legal (Financial Services)
A Head of Legal opportunity has arisen within an FCA regulated business based in North Manchester. This is a well established business who have an excellent relationship with the FCA and continue to operate at the top of their market. You will be reponsible for the legal function and management of external client relationships with one direct report.
- Advise the Group on the laws, rules and regulations relevant to the Group's activities in the financial services sector.
- Actively manage the instruction of external lawyers in order to obtain technical legal advice whilst controlling legal costs.
- Assist in the successful transition of new business.
- Act as a central point of contact from the FCA in relation to fund applications.
- Act as Company Secretary for the main trading companies within the Group.
- Attend Board Meetings for the main trading companies within the Group.
- Take an active role in relation to company acquisitions and the subsequent integration of those acquisitions into the Group.
- Liaise and assist Compliance & Risk/Finance departments in all aspects of documentation review, communication with shareholders, meetings (EGMs), filing of statutory documentation with appropriate authorities.
- Advise and assist in the implementation of governance and regulatory change initiatives.
- Knowledge of FCA Sourcebook and regulatory environment.
- At least 5 years post-qualification legal experience in private practice or in-house.
- All round knowledge of corporate and commercial law.
- First class client service and very high relationship management skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the financial services industry would be advantageous.
This role would be ideally suited to a lawyer working in-house in a financial services environment who wishes to make the step up to Head of Legal in a quality environment with access to an impressive C-Suite and roster of Non-Executive Directors.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018