- Job Search
- General Counsel and Company Secretary
Victorian Plumbing Group plc is the UK's leading online bathroom retailer based in Skelmersdale, with offices in Manchester, Birmingham and a representative office in China.
Founded in 2000, Victorian Plumbing is a digitally native retailer of bathroom products and accessories, offering a wide range of over 24,000 products to B2C and trade customers. The Group has grown rapidly in recent years and is now the UK's leading online specialist bathroom brand by revenue in 2020 (source: Mintel) with an estimated 14.2 per cent of the bathroom market by revenue in 2020. Its website provides a high quality and user-friendly experience for both B2C and trade customers, offering a one-stop shop solution for the entire bathroom with more than 125 brands across a wide spectrum of price points
Victorian Plumbing Group plc have just listed as the largest ever IPO on the AIM market and now wish to appoint their first General Counsel and Company Secretary; this is a hugely exciting opportunity to join a highly successful business at a key point in their growth.
Reporting to the CFO, Paul Meehan, and based in Skelmersdale but working across all offices when necessary, the role will require experience of :
- Company Secretarial: A wide range of work including facilitating and attending all Board and Committee meetings, shareholder communication; production of the annual report and fulfilling all stock exchange obligations;
- Governance: Implementation of compliance and risk programmes that will ensure the company complies with all its legal and regulatory obligations including the UK Corporate Governance Code, the Listing Rules and other regulations;
- ESG: including assistance with development of and management of Board responsibilities;
- Legal: Providing comprehensive strategic legal advice on a wide range of commercial, contractual and corporate legal issues including potential M&A transactions You will also manage the company's relationships with its external legal advisers.
- Whether currently working in-house or in private practice what is of prime importance is that you are able to convey pragmatism, real commercial and business acumen and provide an encompassing company secretarial and legal support function. The successful candidate must be a motivated individual, capable of dealing with a strong management culture and able to turn their hands to a wide variety of matters from assisting with acquisitions to dealing with all Group legal matters;
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong commercial, corporate law or company secretarial background and be used to working at a senior level in a hands-on, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
This role is likely to work best on a 4 day per week basis initially but applications are invited from those looking for a full-time role.
BCL Legal are working exclusively with Victorian Plumbing on this campaign, if you are interested in discussing the role in more detail please contact Alison McKee on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018