- Job Search
- Financial Services Lawyer
A financial services lawyer with 3-5 years PQE in consumer credit law and regulation is required to join a leading bank on a 12 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Head of Financial Services you will advise on regulatory changes as the Bank continues to explore new products.
- Giving pragmatic and commercial driven advice on consumer credit law in relation to credit cards and loans.
- Support the Bank's operations by advising on new product launches, in particular digital customer journeys.
- Drafting amendments to consumer credit agreements including notices of variation.
- Advising on any remediation activity for example relating to post contractual consumer credit documentation.
- Managing a small number of disputes and advising on highly contentious complaints.
- Advising on financial services law and regulation arising from third party commercial contracts such as debt sale arrangements.
- Working alongside key stakeholders in particular the product's team, compliance, complaints, operations (collections and recoveries), marketing, data protection and financial crime.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years PQE of consumer credit and financial services practice; strong familiarity with FCA regulation and broader legal/regulatory context of the Bank's operations.
- Detailed knowledge of; consumer credit law and regulation, data protection and financial crime and consumer credit agreements and notices of variation
- You'll need to be available to interview and start immediately.
The role will be completely remote initially and can be recruited on either a 4 day or 5 day a week basis.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018