- Job Search
- In-house Lawyer (Technology & Privacy)
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Legal Counsel to join a global financial services organisation in Manchester. It's an incredibly busy market at the moment but this opportunity really stands out both in terms of quality and scale of work and the overall culture of the business.
You will work closely with stakeholders across the business in areas such as; technology, intellectual property, data, cybersecurity, privacy and marketing.
- Providing advice to the business on new technology initiatives, which may include infrastructure and cloud strategy, product development and enhancements, licensing of IP, use of data science and new technologies (e.g. Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Blockchain);
- Providing advice on developments in privacy, cybersecurity and information security laws;
- Drafting and negotiating technology related agreements with clients;
- You will form a key part of any technology or privacy related projects for EMEA.
- 5+ years' PQE experience;
- Knowledge of EU and UK privacy laws;
- An interest in new technologies and their legal implications;
- Experience with supporting global projects desirable.
This is a great business with an outstanding culture and large-scale global projects. They also offer one of the most competitive packages in the North West. Hybrid working is available but you do need to be prepared to travel to their Manchester office during the week.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018