- Job Search
- Legal Counsel - bet365
Privately owned and founded over 20 years ago, bet365 is the largest online sports betting brand in the world, operating in 21 languages and with over 63 million customers worldwide. The sector is highly regulated, fast moving and uses cutting edge technology. bet365 holds licences and market-leading positions in numerous jurisdictions across Europe and globally. As a result, bet365's legal team enjoys the challenge of complex, multi jurisdictional work within a wide range of established and developing regulatory frameworks.
BCL Legal is pleased to assist bet365 with the recruitment of two Legal Counsel. This is an exciting opportunity to join a first class in-house legal team that is well-established and multi-skilled providing legal advice and valuable support to an industry leading business.
Both roles will have a broad scope that involves a wide and interesting range of legal work, including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, regulatory and gambling related compliance, marketing and promotional review, international development and bespoke projects. Within them, one of the roles will have more of a company and commercial law focus with the other role having more of a litigation focus and involving both UK and overseas litigation.
· Preparation and negotiation of commercial and IT contracts;
· Advising on compliance and regulatory issues relating to UK and international betting and gaming laws and licensing
· Advising on a range of legal matters such as trademarks and copyright, IP matters, data protection laws/GDPR and compliance concerning the group;
· Reviewing and advising on marketing promotions and advertisements;
· Advising on day to day legal queries from the business;
· Advising and assisting in responding to customer complaints and external dispute resolution;
· Assessing and advising on legal and commercial risks, potential impacts and proposing creative solutions;
· Seeking and co-ordinating input where necessary from external legal advisers in the UK and overseas; and
· Ad hoc projects and business development opportunities as they arise.
· Recent qualified or junior lawyer with top training and experience in;
o advising on commercial and IT contracts, or,
o advising on company structures, policies and inter group agreements,
o dealing with a variety of contentious matters and handling commercial and consumer claims in England and Wales. It would be desirable if the candidate has some knowledge of EU law.
You will need to be highly motivated and pro-active, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to find sound commercial solutions to challenging legal and commercial issues.
Placing People in Companies Like