7th September 2021
A very rare opportunity has arisen to work within the sports and events sector in the North West. I am delighted to be working with MATCH Hospitality and the Byrom group of companies.
MATCH Hospitality and the Byrom group of companies specialise in the delivery of corporate hospitality for major sporting events globally and are in particular the exclusive rights holder for the production, sale and delivery of hospitality packages for the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar™, the biggest corporate hospitality programme in world sport. The group offers and delivers a range of other services to the organisers of sporting events, including ticketing services, IT solutions, accommodation services and ground transportation services, for many major sporting events ranging from the Ryder Cup golf tournament, F1, The British Open golf and the Welsh Rally.
Byrom plc is a family owned and managed business which has been operating since 1991. Byrom and MATCH Hospitality have offices in Manchester, London, Zurich, Moscow, Barcelona, Rio, Johannesburg and Doha.
· Based from the Cheadle headquarters and reporting to the group Head of Legal.
· Working within a legal team that will comprise the General Counsel who is also based in Cheadle and two other legal team members based in Qatar;
· Predominant focus will be the FIFA World Cup Hospitality Programme but supporting in all aspects of the groups operational legal requirements;
· Supporting the senior members of the legal team on legal matters for day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives
· structuring, assessment, negotiation, completion/delivery, review and drafting of domestic and international business contracts;
· reviewing and advising on marketing collateral and website content;
· supporting the provision of strategic legal advice and guidance on domestic and international compliance matters (including data protection, GDPR, the Bribery Act 2010 and the Modern Slavery Act 2015);
· liaising as required with local counsel in Qatar and elsewhere on various domestic legal matter such as commercial contracts, litigation matters, compliance etc.
· providing ad hoc intellectual property law advice and employment law advice and review of software and IT related contracts;
· supporting and advising the business on tender production and responses;
· involvement in event-day operations;
· dealing with customer issues/complaints both during and post-event; and
· dealing with pre- and post-event litigation matters.
· 2-3 years PQE drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
· commercially minded team player with strong inter personal skills
· Experience gained in an international environment (either in an international law firm or working for international clients)
· ability to work independently
· ability to work under pressure in a multi time-zone environment
· good commercial awareness and flexibility
· Familiarity with data privacy law - highly preferable
I am often asked about the sports and event sector by aspiring in-house lawyers; unfortunately these kinds of opportunities are all too rare in the North West. This is a great team in a supportive and fun environment with excellent scope for development. I am pleased to be working exclusively with Byrom on this role and invite those who are interested to send their CV as the business are keen to move sooner rather than later.