- Job Search
- Interim Company Secretary (12 month FTC)
25th November 2021
A leading, privately owned services business based in South Manchester are looking for an Interim Company Secretary for a period of 12 months. Reporting to the CEO the responsibilities of the role will include:
- Maintenance of the Group's statutory books and the minutes of any general and board meetings.
- Ensuring that all relevant statutory annual returns are submitted to the Registrar in a timely manner.
- The issue of proper notices of meetings, preparation of agenda, circulation of relevant papers and taking and the production of minutes to record the business transacted at the meetings and the decisions taken, all within agreed time scales.
- Ensuring that the Registrar is notified of any significant changes in the Group's structure or management, for example the appointment or resignation of directors.
- Advising directors on their statutory duties, and ensuring that they comply with corporate legislation, articles of association of the Group and any relevant corporate governance code.
- Providing support to the Chairman, CEO and Non-Executive Directors to ensure the effective functioning of the Board and Board Committees.
- CSQS Qualified with a demonstrable track record leading a secretariat function.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant corporate governance standards (e.g. UK Code of Corporate Governance).
- Sound knowledge of company law.
- Previous experience of managing a team would be desirable.
- Available to start a fixed term contract position in January or February 2022.
For anyone coming to the end of a contract, or looking at contracting options for the first time, this is an excellent opportunity to join a well established business with an impressive leadership team.
Placing People in Companies Like