- Job Search
- Commercial Technology Lawyer
Commercial and Technology Senior Associate 4+ PQE - National Firm - Birmingham - full or part-time (4 days)
Our client, a leading national firm, is seeking to bolster its Commercial offering in Birmingham with the addition of a Commercial Senior Associate Solicitor with broad commercial contracts and ideally IT and IP experience. Applications with a minimum of five years' experience will likely have the relevant skill set for the role however there is no upper PQE limit set. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a position as a Commercial Senior Associate within a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that is growing and acts for a broad spectrum of clients including private clients but with a particular focus on the public and health sectors. Working environment is close knit, friendly and flexible and this role is offered on a full or part-time basis. Some technology experience is advantageous however more important is the desire to gain this experience and develop a niche in this area.
As a Commercial Senior Associate, based in the Birmingham office of this national law firm, you will be involved in a wide variety of commercial and complex contracting work. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
* Advising on the procurement, licensing and supply of tech products and services to a wide range of public and private sector clients.
* Advising on high-value, long-term projects for the likes of NHS bodies, local authorities and central government agencies, as well as private sector companies.
* Advising on outsourcing, IT infrastructure and support service agreements on projects as varied as electronic patient records and European grant funding systems.
* Working with Partners in other national offices as well as those locally.
The successful Commercial Senior Associate will:
* Be a qualified solicitor in England and Wales with 4+ years' post qualification experience.
* Have strong commercial contracts and ideally technology experience gained in private practice or in-house (including from the the public sector).
* Preferably have further experience in non-contentious intellectual property matters including brand strategies, licensing and exploitation (not essential).
* Have a personable and friendly personality with excellent communication skills and be able to think outside the box.
* Have a real passion for technology law and developing a skill set in this area.
* Have good client and project management skills.
* Be able to lead on complex matters and supervise juniors.
The successful Commercial Senior Associate will be rewarded with a strong package including:
* Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
* The opportunity to join a firm that is known nationally for the quality of its legal advice and sector knowledge.
* Agile/flexible working with the option to undertake this role on a full or part time (4 days) basis and no set 'anchor' days.
* Good prospects for progression in the firm's growing Birmingham office.
Or if you would like an initial confidential discussion about this Commercial Senior Associate opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like